Last revision: March 6, 2017
Collection of your Personal Information
To use the Services and/or create a Subscriber Account, you must provide personal information such as name, e-mail address, physical address and phone number.
You may choose to provide additional personal information in your Subscriber Account. The types of additional personal information collected may include driver’s license number, license plate number, photos, and date of birth. You may also include personal health information such as medical and health conditions, medical devices and medications. This additional information is OPTIONAL and is provided at your sole discretion. It is your responsibility to determine how much or how little information you wish to make available.
You have Control over your Personal Information
You can change your Subscriber Account at any time, whether it is the information supplied at registration, as part of maintaining your Subscriber Account, or anything else. You may add, modify, or remove information on your Subscriber Account by logging into www.smart911.com and accessing your profile.
You may add or remove which Services you choose to participate in at any time, by logging into www.smart911.com and modifying your preferences.
You may cancel any or all of the Services at any time by logging into www.smart911.com, and accessing account settings.
You also understand that we use your personal information to provide you with the Services. If you refuse to provide us with the personal information we require or later withdraw your consent to use and disclose this information, we may no longer be able to provide you with these Services.
Sharing and Use of your Personal Information
Rave will not rent nor sell nor otherwise disclose your Subscriber information to anyone except as set out herein. In accordance with the specific Services you choose to participate in, the information you provide to the Services will be used, made available to others, and otherwise handled for these purposes.
- Your information may be made available to participating safety and emergency response services during specific emergency incidents, including without limitation, 9-1-1 or equivalent, fire, police, emergency medical, emergency management, campus safety officials and public health services (collectively, “Emergency Service Providers”).
- Your information may be searchable to participating Emergency Service Providers for the purposes of emergency planning and/or response.
- Your name, address, phone number and/or email may be used by authorized users (“Users”) to send emergency and general interest notifications to you via various communication methods (e.g. voice calls, text messaging, email, etc).
- Your location and Subscriber information may be shared with other individuals that you have designated as Guardians.
- In the event you send a “Tip”, your Subscriber Information may be viewed by an Emergency Service Provider, unless the Emergency Service Provider receiving your Tip has configured the service to be anonymous.
- When you invite a Guardian, we may send such person a message on your behalf using your name and contact details. We may also send reminders to them in your name.
- We may share non-personal information such as aggregated non-identifying information to third parties. Our Service may automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and users who use our Service. We use this information in aggregate form and not in a manner that would identify you personally.
- We may store or archive snapshots of then-current Subscriber information as it’s made available to Emergency Service Providers, for the period of time dictated by Emergency Service Providers record keeping policies.
The specific circumstances under which we may share your Subscriber Information will vary based on the information you provide, the Services you elect to participate in, and how you use the Services. Rave is not responsible for the actions or inactions of any third party receiving your Subscriber Account as permitted herein, including without limitation the disclosure or use of Subscriber Account information by such third party. These third parties may have their own respective privacy policies governing their use, protection and disclosure of your Subscriber Account.
Cookies and Log Files
Security of Your Personal information
Rave has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration of the information under our control. We use practices, such as encryption, firewalls, and password protection systems to safeguard the information in your Subscriber Account. Your Subscriber Account is also protected by a password for your privacy and security. However, Rave cannot guarantee the security of user account or other personal information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), Rave does not market to, or seek or expect or have any reason to expect any contact or information or registration from minors. If you are a minor less than 13 years old, please do not register for Services or provide any personal information about you to us. If you are less than 16 years old, do not provide any personal health information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information including personal health information from a minor without the appropriate consent, we will delete that information.