As you celebrate the holiday season with your friends and family, avoid these 6 holiday hazards to keep your friends and family safe.
1. Don’t stand on chairs, desks or other furniture. Always use a proper step stool or ladder.
2. Don't place mistletoe, holly berries, Jerusalem cherry and other poisonous plants within reach of children
3. Don't use a dull blade. It requires more pressure, which increases the potential for injury.
4. Don't post if you are traveling or going to be away from home on social media.
5. Don't let your Christmas tree dry out and become a fire hazard. Pick a fresh tree and keep it hydrated.
6. Don't burn or throw gift wrap in the fireplace. Recycle your gift wrap instead.
Holiday celebrations will likely need to be different this year to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Avoid activities that are higher risk for spread. Consider fun alternatives that pose lower risk of spreading COVID-19.
Holiday gatherings to keep your friends and family safe:
1. Wash your hands
2. Wear a mask
Share these holiday safety tips
8.5 x 11 flyer (click to download)
Social Media Graphics: (Click to download)
Facebook Cover Photo: (Click to download)
Sign up for Smart911. It's free! Follow Smart911 on Social Media