What would you do if your property were flooded? Are you prepared? Even if you feel you live in a community with a low risk of flooding, remember that anywhere it rains, it can flood. Since floods are among the most frequent and costly natural disasters, it pays to be prepared.
1. Build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
2. Do not drive into flooded areas. If floodwaters rise around your car, abandon the car and move to higher ground if you can do so safely.
3. If a flood is likely in your area, listen to the radio or television for information.
4. If advised to evacuate your home, do so immediately.
5. Sign up for Smart911 to give 9-1-1 valuable information about yourself, family members, your home, pets and even vehicles that will be immediately available to 9-1-1 when you make an emergency call. These details can save valuable seconds or even minutes during an emergency.
Click to save and share the Smart911 Flood Safety graphics below:
Sign up for Smart911. It's free! Follow Smart911 on Social Media